The Centre international d'apprentissage du français (CIAF) offers a wide range of linguistic and cultural programs to FSL teachers, including Summer Programs and the Skills Retention Program (Online).
Summer Programs for FSL Teachers
French Immersion for FSL Teachers
The French Immersion is a program designed for second language teachers who wish to address specific aspects of teaching French as a second language: didactics, language, etc. Courses are built around a series of educational activities that allow participants to evolve in a multidimensional approach. Trainees are invited to participate in an educational project designed around three components: language, education and language practice.
- The language component allows course participants to improve both their oral and writing skills, based on their actual knowledge and in response to their needs.
- The educational component gives course participants a theoretical approach they can later integrate with their own teaching methods.
- The language practice component allows course participants to live in French during their stay in the Acadian Peninsula and gives them the chance to discover a stunningly beautiful region and a rich culture.
French language teachers in the English school systems, whether they teach basic French or French immersion.
Dates for French Immersion in 2022
- Session 1 - July 11 to July 15, 2022 (Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- Session 2 - July 18 to July 22, 2022 (Intermediate and Advanced levels)
The cost of the course per 2 week session is $1,150.00 (including lodging, meals - breakfast, lunch and snacks - and guided cultural tours).
Participants from New Brunswick
A $200.00 deposit must be made to the New Brunswick Department of Education.
Participants outside New Brunswick
A $200.00 deposit must be made to the Centre international d'apprentissage du français. The deposit is non refundable after June 20, 2022.
Please send to the following adress
Centre international d'apprentissage du français
Université de Moncton, campus de Shippgan
218 boul. J.-D.-Gauthier
Shippagan, NB, E8S 1P6
*Note : You can either pay by money order, certified cheque or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Please contact our finance department at the following number : (506) 336-3400. ext. 3453
Scholarships for teachers
Teacher bursaries are available in several Canadian provinces for financial assistance for our summer sessions. Check with your provincial department of education.
Telephone : (506) 336-3400 ext. 8205
Fax number : (506) 336-3478
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org