Détail de l'offre d’emploi de l’université de Moncton
Étudiantes et étudiants hors campus
|DÉTAILS DU POSTE
|Titre du poste :
||Sr. Financial Analyst
||Étudiantes et étudiants hors campus
|Fonction et information générale :
||Sr. Financial Analyst
Support all IS financial activities, including annual budgeting, month end reporting, Fixed Assets and IS Capital Investment, IS spend analysis and control.
· Prepare, review and close IS month-end financial entries and reports for Global IS, including:
o Compile and analyze financial information used in preparing entries into general ledger account.
o Journal entries and general ledger transactions, and monthly account reconciliations and adjustments or corrective actions.
o Complex monthly account reconciliations.
o IS monthly financial statements (c/w variance analysis).
o Prepare financial forecasts (quarterly and annual 5 year projections).
o Prepare, analyze, and follow-up on Regional Financial IS Costs (Budget, Actual, forecasts, and Variances).
· Perform ad hoc analysis and reports to support management strategic decisions.
· Report the analysis findings to IS Finance Management to drive process improvements for Global IS.
· Accurately maintain accounting and fixed asset records to ensure fixed assets are appropriately capitalized, depreciated and reported, inclusive of:
o Set-up capital Projects in Investment Management System.
o Prepare and submit Capital request forms (REA) for capital projects and direct acquisitions as approved establishing the determination of asset, asset classes, asset lives, and asset location.
o Act as subject matter expert related to the technological side of fixed asset administration.
o Generate monthly WIP project reporting reconciling to general ledger. Review and proactively address aged or large projects.
o Challenge and understand fixed asset financial data to resolve issues and ensure that financial results are properly reported.
o Engage with business areas as primary subject matter expert on fixed-asset related issues and questions.
o Execute closing process for fixed assets, working to meet established monthly deadlines.
o Ensure quarterly review of IS Assets and submit necessary e-forms to dispose of assets no longer in use.
o Prepare and maintain capital spend forecasts for the current year as well as 5 year Capital spend projections.
o Analyze and track post mortem benefit realization on IS capital projects.
· Accounts Payable - Receive goods and services in accounting system. Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Follow up with vendors, resolve discrepancies.
· Take the lead on preparing annual budget templates and consolidating annual budget costs pertaining to the specific functional area (GIS, GSS, SAPiT, GTS, GBS and GISDAI) as well as budget info for IS capital spend.
· Purchasing - Receive all customer back-up documentation, check the documents for accuracy and completeness of information and prepare a requisition on the computerized procurement software.
· Project work as required.
Critical TECHNICAL (Function-Specific) Competencies:
· Proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools
Critical CORE (General Behavioral and Business) Competencies:
· Communications Skills (listening, verbal, written) - Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
· Analytical/Research Skills - Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
· Flexibility/Adaptability/Managing Multiple Priorities - Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
· Interpersonal Abilities - Ability to relate to your co-workers, inspire others to participate, and mitigate conflict.
· Planning/Organizing - Ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe. Also involves goal-setting.
· Problem-Solving/Reasoning/Creativity - Ability to find solutions to problems using your creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources.
· Honesty/Integrity/Morality - Honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships
· Dedication/Hard-Working/Work Ethic/Tenacity - Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts optimal effort in successfully completing tasks.
· Dependability/Reliability/Responsibility - Dependable, responsible contributor with committed to excellence and success
· Self-Motivated/Willingness to Learn - Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision. Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
To apply please visit:
· Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience is required. CA, CMA, CGA or CPA designation, or be enrolled and near completion of such qualification.
· A minimum of 5 years’ financial analysis experience.
· Business minded individual with solid financial, analytical and business problem solving skills.
· A proven record of leadership and strong communications is required.
· A background in finance/accounting/operations and other related business or technical discipline.
· Proficiency with the MS Office suite is necessary and exposure to SAP is an asset.
· Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to adapt easily to change.
· You must have demonstrated the ability to work both independently, function effectively under time constraints and multitask based on the nature of the work.
|Fermeture du concours :
||29 novembre 2017
Mise à jour faite le jeudi 14 décembre 2017